TOM SCOTT MEMORIAL ROAD RACES - ROUND THE LOCH 6K
The route of the race when it was measured on the 14th Feb 2007 was shown to be 3.75 miles (6K) in length. The course is held mainly on the pathways around Strathclyde Loch and as it is almost flat and traffic free it should provide competitors with fast times.
At a line near to the entrance of No 3 car park on Water Sports Centre Road.
- From the start head down the Loch in a northerly direction towards Bothwell Playing fields
- At the end of the loch take the Inner Path around the "Rowing Start" area
- Keep Loch on RHS (ie Keep to the Inner Path around the Loch)
- Continue on Inner Path - passing "Play Area" on LHS - until you reach the footbridge at Calder Water
- At Calder Water cross the footbridge - keep on path and immediately take a Right hand turn passing site of Roman Bath House on LHS
- Continue on Inner Path - passing "Sandy beach / Picnic area" - until the path meets the Water Sports Centre Road.
- Turn Right onto Water Sports Centre Road
- Continue on road passing Water Sports Centre on RHS until you reach the footbridge (LHS) leading to Hamilton Parks.
- At footbridge take a Right hand turn on to a gravel path (Approx. lOO yards in length) & head towards the loch.
- At end of gravel path turn Right & head towards finish.
At a line near to the Piper Alpha Memorial